Direct Care: Patient Centered Medical Care
When you join our program you will receive comprehensive primary, preventive, and wellness care. By charging a monthly fee we operate outside the insurance system and do not bill or receive payment from insurance carriers.
That means you receive unrestricted comprehensive care without limitations based on what your insurance coverage allows. Health care decisions are made between you and Dr. Hendler.
For an affordable monthly fee all services available in our office are provided with no additional charge. With Direct Care you spend less and get more. Complementing our primary care program with an appropriate low-premium/high-deductible insurance plan to cover the cost of outside services, catastrophic illnesses and injuries may actually reduce your overall health care costs.
Why it works
Traditionally, up to 65¢ of every $1 you spend on health care is used for insurance billing and overhead. This means your doctor must work harder and faster, seeing more patients each day just to make ends meet. Our program allows us to reduce our costs and pass the savings on to you. This system also allows the doctor as much time as he needs to spend on each patient.
We feel certain that after you join us, you will agree that this is the best medical care you have ever received.
Services provided include:
- Unhurried Office visits, Home visits (when indicated), Telephone care (when appropriate)
- 24 x 7 on-call availability and same or next day urgent care appointments
- Consultation with other health care providers to improve your care
- Advocacy for you in all outside health care issues, including coordination of hospital care and help scheduling and expediting outside appointments and care
- Blood drawing and specimen handling
- In-office lab work (limited number of tests)
- X-rays (including consultation with radiologist when indicated) and Ultrasound treatments
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Pulmonary (lung) function testing
- Vision screening
- Audiogram (hearing screen)
- Ear wash
- All minor surgery
- Medical injections
- Ace bandages and splints
- Arranging for home health care and equipment